With the application process for our 2019 graduate scheme open from today, we spoke to last years Pentland graduates to get their advice on making the most of the experience. Here are their eight top tips:
- Do your research! Getting to know the brands will give you instant credibility for doing your homework.
- The commercial and marketing programmes are a great way to understand how a business of this size fits together, so get to know how the business is structured early on.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of experience, we’re all here to learn so just give it your best shot.
- It may sound cliché, but networking really is important. Introduce yourself to everyone you meet, we all want to get to know you.
- A work-life balance is key, flexible working is encouraged to get the best out of everyone, so make the most of it.
- We’re pretty casual here at Pentland, so no need for pencil skirts and suits, just wear what you’re comfortable in (bonus points for wearing our brands!).
- Be prepared to hot-desk, travel between our offices, and work with loads of different teams throughout your time here.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, ever, people are genuinely happy to help.
You can read more and apply for next years Pentland Brands graduate placements now via this link: https://bit.ly/2NTduj5